Pages

Friday 28 September 2012

Horoscopes...

...Do you ever take them seriously?

You know those daily horoscopes you get in the magazines? They usually comes in the form of "The moon is doing this and that means changes in your life blah blah blah..." Have you ever paid any attention to them? Because I never did. Until my16th birthday anyway.

The gossip magazine I used to get every month always had a few pages at the back dedicated to stating daily horoscopes for each starsign. Which, in my eyes, were always a load of rubbish. I'd never given a care to all that Zodiac stuff before. But my bestie loved reading our horoscopes. I'd usually just roll my eyes at her. Then four years ago at the start of June, she read my daily horoscope for the day thay was going to be my 16th birthday.

"Humiliation comes your way if your name begins with the letter K."

Of course, my bestie was convinced that the horoscope was going to come true because my name begins with the letter K. I just laughed. Like i'd take something like that seriously? So, I just forgot all about it. Until I woke up on the morning of my 16th birthday...

Pictures. Everwhere. Of Me. As A Child. EVERYWHERE. 

My parents decided it would be funny to stick pictures of me all over the windows to the house, Now, let me tell you a little bit about the geography of the street I live on:

Do you see where i'm going with this now? Yes, that's right. My street was one of the main routes that people walked down to get to school. Meaning that half of the people in my school walked past my house that morning and wittnessed the horrors that are my baby photos. Oh but it's worse. My parents thought it'd be nice to put modern pictures of me on the windows as well. Meaning that people would know THAT IT WAS ME!!!

After enduring a birthday full of classmates commenting on my baby photos, I finally remembered my horoscope for that day. The one that I just completely ignored because I thought it was utter bullshit.

It's safe to say that since then I have learned to pay a little more attention to my horoscopes. They're sometimes more accurate than you think.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment